Benjamin Buttons can hold its own

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

The Curious Case of Benjamin seeing it again for the second time as well, was still good. In fact the movie seemed to lose part of its luster. Maybe it is just a film that can only be seen once. Especially with its three plus hour playing time. Still touching to watch, and also I still found myself laughing at the man who was struck by lightening seven times. watching Benjamin grow older in years, having experiencing life differently then any other person.

This film drums up the point perfectly, that in life we all serve a purpose. Whatever that purpose maybe, every person’s life is unique. Having there own life experiences, and forces that they must overcome, the obstacles of life. After all, in the end we are all meant to die, and it takes almost our entire lives to figure out, which people touch our lives the most significantly. Not just by touching our hearts , but our souls as well.

Definitely a film that deserves to be noticed by the academy and considered for many awards. Because it can still hold its own after multiple viewings and make its message known.

miss_niki's picture

Did I Ever Tell You...?

I always feel so bad laughing at those parts, but my God, we needed those random funny spots.

Also, it sets up a beautifully poignant line that truly resonated with me: “God keeps reminding me I’m lucky to be alive.”

jilljaracz's picture

“I always feel so bad

I always feel so bad laughing at those parts, but my God, we needed those random funny spots.”

Why did you need them? To get through this movie! I totally disagree. This was a pretty picture that was long and bloated. It was like “Forrest Gump” without the charm. I admit the lightning strike moments were funny, but they didn’t do anything to move the story along, and there was no payoff to that bit.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
tracker