Del Toro to Direct Jackson's 'Hobbit'!

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct both installments of the back-to-back production for “The Hobbit,” says The Hollywood Reporter. There’s no script, but the process will be fast-tracked when the writer’s strike ends.

Sam Raimi had been a much-rumored front runner for “The Hobbit,” even before Peter Jackson was brought back in to produce. However, Raimi recently signed on for a return to low-budget horror filmmaking, “Drag Me to Hell,” from a script he and his brother Ivan co-wrote.

Del Toro was once in line to direct the live action “Halo” film that Peter Jackson was to produce. This most likely takes del Toro off the table to direct Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Spike1's picture

Request to change your pic

Dustin should definetly change his picture. My stomach squirms everytime I see his pic. Very disturbing.

Dustin's picture

I know what you're really thinking.

You mean your stomach squirms in delight.

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

I wonder

I wonder who was the strange person who took the picture and what was going on at the time.

Sure makes sense

Sure makes sense. See our news story here about “Pan’s Labyrinth” director Guillermo del Toro wanting to direct “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”.

MagnoliaFan's picture

Or

Or, read the last sentence of the post and see where I linked to the same story.

Dustin's picture

Or

see your face.

Look who's talking

Dustin wrote:
see your face.

A man with a mysterious cream on his face shouldn’t be telling other people to see their face.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker