CHICAGO – Like the awesome Engine Who Could, the mighty Nothing Without a Company stage crafters have constructed another triumph at their new home in Berger Mansion on Chicago’s north side. “The Kid Thing” – written by Sarah Gubbins – is a terse, convincing and emotional play about fear, identity and breeding, and it is performed by its cast of five with utter authenticity. The show has a Thursday-Sunday run at the Berger North Mansion through April 15th, 2017. Click here for more details, including ticket information.
Slideshow: Preview of 2013 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
CHICAGO – This weekend is one of the most exciting for Chicago area pop culture and comic fans. The 2013 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con opens Thursday, August 8th, and runs through Sunday, August 11th, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
The event features a cornucopia of celebrities, greeting fans and signing autographs. Scheduled to appear is Zachary Quinto (Spock from the new Star Trek film series), the legendary Stan Lee (founder of Marvel Comics), Ralph Macchio (“The Karate Kid”), director Robert Rodriquez (“Machete Kills”), Brandon Routh (“Superman Returns”) and Wil Wheaton (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”), among other guests.
HollywoodChicago.com offers a preview of the celebrities photographer Joe Arce has photographed over the years that are also scheduled to appear. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com.
- WIZARD1: ‘Mini-Me’ Verne Troyer from the Austin Powers film series.
- WIZARD2: The devil inside Linda Blair, star of ‘The Exorcist.’
- WIZARD3: John Bernthal of the AMC Network’s ‘The Walking Dead.’
- WIZARD4: John Barrowman was in ‘Dr. Who’ and ‘Torchwood.’
- WIZARD5: Lou Ferrigno, TV’s ‘The Incredible Hulk.’
- WIZARD6: James Marsters of TV’s ‘Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.’
- WIZARD7: Norman Reedus of ‘The Walking Dead.’
- WIZARD8: North Korean Ambassador and former Chicago Bull Dennis Rodman.
- WIZARD9: Jason Priestly of TV’s ‘Beverly Hills, 90210.’