CHICAGO – When faced with adversity, the best way around it is to somehow break into song. That is the feeling behind the Brown Paper Box Co.’s “Positively Present: An Uplifting Cabaret,” running April 7th and 8th at Mary’s Attic in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood. The event features company member Kristi Szczepanek as host, and presents song stylings by other company members, including Anna Schutz, plus some special guests. For details and ticket information, click here.
Slideshow: ‘Days of the Dead’ Convention in Chicagoland, Nov. 18-20, 2016
CHICAGO – The “Days of the Dead” convention is an annual event in Chicagoland and elsewhere, that brings together admirers of the horror film genre, cult movies enthusiasts, vendors and panel discussions related to it all. Several celebrities also attend the event, including Alice Cooper, Ric Flair, Judge Reinhold and Shannon Elizabeth. The 2016 convention is being held this weekend – Nov. 18-20 – at the Chicago Schaumburg Marriott in Schaumburg, Ill. (see details below).
Photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com shot this Slideshow of Exclusive portraits from last year’s Days of the Dead event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos © Joe Arce for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DAYS1: Tara Reid of ‘American Pie’ series and ‘Sharknado’ series.
- DAYS2: Bill Moseley of ‘The Devil’s Rejects’ and ‘House of a 1000 Corpses.’
- DAYS3: Rae Dawn Chong of ‘The Color Purple,’ ‘Quest for Fire’ and ‘Commando.’
- DAYS4: WWE legend Chyna, also known as Joanie Marie Laurer.
- DAYS5: Kane Hodder portrayed Jason Voorhees in the ‘Friday the 13th’ film series.
- DAYS6: Doug Bradley portrayed Pinhead in the ‘Hellraiser’ films.
- DAYS7: Tony Moran played the original Michael Myers in the first ‘Halloween.’
- DAYS8: Dana DeLorenzo portrayed Kelly Maxwell in ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead.’
- DAYS9: C. Thomas Howell of ‘The Outsiders,’ ‘The Hitcher,’ ‘Red Dawn’ and ‘E.T.’
- DAYS10: Sandahl Bergman of ‘Conan the Barbarian,’ ‘Red Sonja and ‘All that Jazz.’
- DAYS11: Robert MacNaughton was in ‘E.T. The Extra Terrestrial.’
- DAYS12: Bianca Hunter of ‘Bad Lieutenant.’
- DAYS13: David Naughton of ‘An American Werewolf in London.’
- DAYS14: Felissa Rose of ‘Sleepaway Camp’ and ‘Return to Sleepaway Camp.’
- DAYS15: D.B. Sweeney of ‘Chi-Raq’ and ‘Eight Men Out.’
- DAYS16: Sean Yseult, legendary bass player for rock gods White Zombie.
- DAYS17: Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.
- DAYS18: She loves the frights! Elvira in a natural state.
- DAYS19: Winking! Elvira is also known as Cassandra Peterson.