CHICAGO – Like the awesome Engine Who Could, the mighty Nothing Without a Company stage crafters have constructed another triumph at their new home in Berger Mansion on Chicago’s north side. “The Kid Thing” – written by Sarah Gubbins – is a terse, convincing and emotional play about fear, identity and breeding, and it is performed by its cast of five with utter authenticity. The show has a Thursday-Sunday run at the Berger North Mansion through April 15th, 2017. Click here for more details, including ticket information.
Slideshow: ‘Days of the Dead’ Convention in Chicagoland, Nov. 18-20, 2016
CHICAGO – The “Days of the Dead” convention is an annual event in Chicagoland and elsewhere, that brings together admirers of the horror film genre, cult movies enthusiasts, vendors and panel discussions related to it all. Several celebrities also attend the event, including Alice Cooper, Ric Flair, Judge Reinhold and Shannon Elizabeth. The 2016 convention is being held this weekend – Nov. 18-20 – at the Chicago Schaumburg Marriott in Schaumburg, Ill. (see details below).
Photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com shot this Slideshow of Exclusive portraits from last year’s Days of the Dead event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos © Joe Arce for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DAYS1: Tara Reid of ‘American Pie’ series and ‘Sharknado’ series.
- DAYS2: Bill Moseley of ‘The Devil’s Rejects’ and ‘House of a 1000 Corpses.’
- DAYS3: Rae Dawn Chong of ‘The Color Purple,’ ‘Quest for Fire’ and ‘Commando.’
- DAYS4: WWE legend Chyna, also known as Joanie Marie Laurer.
- DAYS5: Kane Hodder portrayed Jason Voorhees in the ‘Friday the 13th’ film series.
- DAYS6: Doug Bradley portrayed Pinhead in the ‘Hellraiser’ films.
- DAYS7: Tony Moran played the original Michael Myers in the first ‘Halloween.’
- DAYS8: Dana DeLorenzo portrayed Kelly Maxwell in ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead.’
- DAYS9: C. Thomas Howell of ‘The Outsiders,’ ‘The Hitcher,’ ‘Red Dawn’ and ‘E.T.’
- DAYS10: Sandahl Bergman of ‘Conan the Barbarian,’ ‘Red Sonja and ‘All that Jazz.’
- DAYS11: Robert MacNaughton was in ‘E.T. The Extra Terrestrial.’
- DAYS12: Bianca Hunter of ‘Bad Lieutenant.’
- DAYS13: David Naughton of ‘An American Werewolf in London.’
- DAYS14: Felissa Rose of ‘Sleepaway Camp’ and ‘Return to Sleepaway Camp.’
- DAYS15: D.B. Sweeney of ‘Chi-Raq’ and ‘Eight Men Out.’
- DAYS16: Sean Yseult, legendary bass player for rock gods White Zombie.
- DAYS17: Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.
- DAYS18: She loves the frights! Elvira in a natural state.
- DAYS19: Winking! Elvira is also known as Cassandra Peterson.