CHICAGO – Like the awesome Engine Who Could, the mighty Nothing Without a Company stage crafters have constructed another triumph at their new home in Berger Mansion on Chicago’s north side. “The Kid Thing” – written by Sarah Gubbins – is a terse, convincing and emotional play about fear, identity and breeding, and it is performed by its cast of five with utter authenticity. The show has a Thursday-Sunday run at the Berger North Mansion through April 15th, 2017. Click here for more details, including ticket information.
Slideshow: Gateway for Cancer Research Gala Benefit in Chicago on Oct. 15, 2016
CHICAGO – The search for the cure continues through the Chicago-based Gateway for Cancer Research, with their spectacular benefit that took place in October of 2016. Musicians and singers such as Peter Cetera, CeeLo Green, Michael Bolton and Carly Rae Jepsen were in attendance, as well as comedian Sinbad.
The Gateway for Cancer Research focuses on clinical trials, which provides innovative research and several breakthroughs. The organization celebrated its 25th anniversary at the benefit, under the theme of “Illuminating the Way to Cures.” Photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com shot this Slideshow of Exclusive portraits from the event, which took place October 15th, 2016. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos © Joe Arce for HollywoodChicago.com.
- GATEWAY1: Singer CeeLo Green at the Gateway for Cancer Research benefit.
- GATEWAY2: Comedian Sinbad on the Red Carpet.
- GATEWAY3: Michael Bolton recently sang on the parody song ‘Jack Sparrow.’
- GATEWAY4: Peter Cetera of the legendary band ‘Chicago.’
- GATEWAY5: Singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen on the Red Carpet.
- GATEWAY6: ‘The Tenors’ singing group, which blends classical with pop music.
- GATEWAY7: Singer Kelly Levesque takes a turn on the Red Carpet.
- GATEWAY8: Musician David Foster, ex-husband to ‘Real Housewife’ Yolanda Hadid.