CHICAGO – When faced with adversity, the best way around it is to somehow break into song. That is the feeling behind the Brown Paper Box Co.’s “Positively Present: An Uplifting Cabaret,” running April 7th and 8th at Mary’s Attic in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood. The event features company member Kristi Szczepanek as host, and presents song stylings by other company members, including Anna Schutz, plus some special guests. For details and ticket information, click here.
Slideshow: Opening Night of the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival
NEW YORK CITY – Wednesday, April 19th, 2017, was the Opening Night for New York City’s preeminent film happening, the Tribeca Film Festival. This is the 16th edition of the ever-expanding fest, and the legendary Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan was the setting for the opening night film, “Clive Davis: The Soundtrack of Our Lives.” Mr. Davis is one of the legendary music men, having run Columbia Records, founded Arista Records, and continuing today as Chief Creative Officer for Sony Music Entertainment.
Clive Davis helped to launch such music luminaries as Janis Joplin, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Aerosmith, Earth Wind & Fire, Barry Manilow, Aretha Franklin, Carly Simon, the Grateful Dead, Kenny G., Ray Parker (“Ghostbusters”), Lou Reed, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys and Kelly Clarkson. Franklin and Manilow were among the performers to honor Davis right after the showing of the documentary at Radio City Music Hall.
HollywoodChicago.com was there, and combined Exclusive Photos, pool photos and official 2017 Tribeca images. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. Photos © Patrick McDonald for HollywoodChicago.com, the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival and Anthony Tunstall for KFAI.org.
- TRIBECA1: Opening Night for the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival at Radio City Music Hall, New York City.
- TRIBECA2: CLIVE DAVIS: THE SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES, April 19th, 2017.
- TRIBECA3: The Red Carpet at Radio City Music Hall.
- TRIBECA4: Jennifer Hudson and Clive Davis on the Red Carpet Opening Night.
- TRIBECA5: Who ya gonna call? Ray Parker on the Red Carpet.
- TRIBECA6: Smooth jazzman Kenny G.
- TRIBECA7:Barry Manilow entertains the audience at Radio City Music Hall.
- TRIBECA8: Ms. Aretha Franklin honors Clive Davis.