David Carradine, 72, dead of an apparent suicide

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

From the Telegraph

David Carradine, the Kill Bill actor found dead in the wardrobe of his Bangkok hotel room, had spoken in the past of contemplating suicide.

In a 2004 interview which may have foretold his death, Carradine said: “I remember one time sitting in the window of the third or fourth floor of the Plaza Hotel for about an hour, thinking about just tipping off. And that was at a time when I was having more fun than you could imagine.

“I just thought, ‘Who the —— cares, man? Why don’t I just split?’ Of course I didn’t, so there you go.”

David Carradine Kung Fu Kill Bill Quentin Tarantino 1970s Television

Read the rest of the account here.

Anonymous's picture

David Carradine will be missed

We are definitely saddened by the loss of such a great actor. I personally enjoyed many of his movies.

Random Bench Productions's picture

INDEPENDENT FILM "PORTLAND" MOURNS LOSS OF DAVID CARRADINE

Actor David Carradine was set to co-star in the feature film entitled PORTLAND shooting in Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR this summer.

Los Angeles, CA, June 4, 2009 - The cast, crew, and producing team behind the feature film Portland are shocked and saddened to learn of the tragic passing of co-star David Carradine on the eve of principal photography.

Portland was set to be David’s next film and was his only project currently in pre-production. Helmed by Matthew Mishory, the picture stars Erin Daniels, Jonathan Caouette, Steven Martini, Renee Victor, and Alex Schemmer. Carradine was set to play a pivotal role in the film and this has been a great loss for the entire PORTLAND family. “An actor of David Carradine’s stature behind our film meant the world to us,” said executive producers Adrian Salpeter and Elizabeth Levine of Random Bench Productions. “Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time”.

The team is committed to this film and are considering other actors to replace the irreplaceable David Carradine. The producers and all involved are moving forward with the production in his memory.

Mr. Carradine was truly a living legend of stage and screen, having worked with Martin Scorsese, Hal Ashby, Ingmar Bergman, and Quentin Tarantino, among many others, in a career that spanned nearly five decades.

Writer/director Matthew Mishory adds, “every filmmaker aspires to work with an iconic actor like David Carradine, he was one of a kind”.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
tracker