JIM reviews film “SHORTS” – A Multi-Segment film aimed at KIDS =

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

SHORTS” – A Multi-Segment film aimed at KIDS =

Rating: 6.5 of 10 stars.

This film was written & directed by Robert Rodriguez & very simply is effectively aimed at KIDS (& I’m taking that into account in how I’m rating it). JAMES SPADER runs the Black Box company that wants to control the world’s commerce. He employs a married Thompson couple (JON CRYER & LESLIE MANN) who have a son Toe (JIMMY BENNETT) who is regularly bullied by James’ kids Cole (DEVON GEARHART) & Helvetica (JOLIE VANIER). Jimmy (who needs to wear teeth braces) finds a magic “Wishing Rock” which he uses to try to fight the bullies & make his life easier. The rock keeps getting found or taken by others including his sister Stacey (KAT DENNINGS), friends, the bullies, some of the adults (including WILLIAM H. MACY) and others, since they want the power it can give them. There’s a bunch of purposely-silly jokes & special effects aimed at kids (such as about boogers), a lot of running around, and eventual “progress” for the various family members. Adults will likely find this sort of ho-hum, but it’s not aimed at them. It’s directed at kids, & they’ll probably like it.

SUPERFEET9449's picture

THE SHORTS

I HAVE TO SAID I LIKE SHORTS A LOT IT,S GREAT FUN FOR KID,S AND ADULT AND TEENAGE I ON SATURDAY AND ME AND MY FRIEND HAD GREAT FUN.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Charlie Hustle & the Matter of Pete Rose

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com audio review for the doc series “Charlie Hustle & the Matter of Pete Rose,” about the rise and bitter fall of the major league legend, the MLB’s all-time hits leader, only to be banned from the sport because of gambling. Streaming on MAX and on HBO since July 24th.

• Little Bear Ridge Road STEPPENWOLF

CHICAGO – The Steppenwolf Theatre of Chicago continues to provide different viewpoints on the American stage, and their latest “Little Bear Ridge Road” is no exception. Featuring ensemble member Laurie Metcalf, it’s the resonate story of a family at the crossroads. For tickets/details, click LITTLE BEAR.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker