San Francisco premiere of Jennifer Fox's groundbreaking documentary 'Flying: Confessions of a Free Woman'

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

I just received the following information about a new documentary:

I would like to welcome all of you to the San Francisco theatrical premiere of Jennifer Fox’s groundbreaking new documentary feature, FLYING: CONFESSIONS OF A FREE WOMAN!!!!

Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission St. @ 3rd
San Francisco, CA 94103-3831

Wednesday, March 5th: 7 pm - Part I
Friday, March 7th: 7 pm - Part II
Saturday, March 8th: 2 pm - Part I, 7 pm - Part II
Sunday, March 9th: 2 pm - Part I, 7 pm - Part II

Stay for in-person Q&A with the filmmaker on Wednesday the 5th and Friday the 7th!

Never before in our collective human history have so many women had such autonomy to construct a life of their own creation. Yet, the terrain is still rocky and ‘choice’ does not necessarily bring happiness, let alone freedom. Meanwhile, old models of femaleness still haunt women everywhere. With all the advances that women have made for themselves, patriarchal systems still exists across the globe. Rarely is a woman fully in control of her own body or her own fate. Often and in some cultures, the subjugation is overt—female genital mutilation, the veil, lack of access to abortion, dowry, and rape as a tool of warfare. Just as often it is insidious—social condemnation of women who take joy in their sexuality, harassment defended as “harmless” flirtation, legislation prohibiting sexual education in schools and the consequences of the subsequent lack of knowledge, the equation of “female” or “feminine” with weak, incompetent or emotionally volatile.

In this tour de force, FLYING: CONFESSIONS OF A FREE WOMAN, master storyteller Jennifer Fox lays bare her own turbulent life to penetrate what it means to be a free woman today. Our protagonist travels to over seventeen countries (including, but not limited to: India, Pakistan, Cambodia, Russia, and South Africa) to understand how diverse women define their lives when there is no map. Employing an ingenious new camera technique, called “Passing The Camera”, Fox creates a documentary language that mirrors the special way women communicate.

Check out our website www.flyingconfessions.com for more info and to view the trailer. Can’t wait to see you all there! Tell all your friends!

Contact Info Phone: 2122338310
Email: info@flyingconfessions.com

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
tracker